The next member of the Worbla family is Worbla’s Pearly Art. Pearly Art is a sister product to Worbla’s Black Art, with the smoothest finish available in Worbla products, a white color to make marking designs easier, and a stronger adhesive to make joining pieces simpler. Pearly Art is excellent for projects with minimal priming for a smooth finish, fine sculptural details, and frosted light effects. Worbla’s Pearly Art is non-toxic and skin safe and can be shaped by hand without requiring special safety gear. Pearly Art can take complex curves without requiring a vacuform, and is self-adhesive when heat-activated – meaning glues are not required to join pieces. You use hot air, water or steam to shape the plastic however you want. There’s no waste because your scraps can be conditioned and 100% re-blended. These leftovers can be molded to act just like putty, and many artists use Worbla’s Art products instead of clay to create near-indestructible pieces. If you have never seen Worbla handled or tried it yourself, customers often compare it to clay, fruit leather or beeswax when heated: becoming pliable and taking detail well, becoming hard and stable when cool. Pearly Art can be built up in layers, shaped over forms of foam, foil, wire or similar armatures, and can be used as a single layer. Like many Worbla products, Pearly Art can be painted with just about any paint, wax or finish. Pearly Art has a very fine and smooth texture when worked and you may choose to leave it unprimed before painting it, or prime it with products such as Flexbond, Gesso, or PVA glue. (Please note that despite the name, it does not have a pearlescent finish.)
- Free from potentially harmful substances such as solvents
- Simple, safe and pollution-free handling, even for newcomers
- Very fine surface, excellent modeling properties for fine work and a white base coloring
- Reheat over and over (ideal at about 175-190°F/80-90°C)
- Material is infused with heat-activated adhesive
- Processing time up to several minutes
- Surface can be left bare or covered with all sorts of paints, varnishes, glue, fabric, etc.
- Excellent repair and bonding options, also with other thermoplastics
- No residues and storage is possible under normal storage conditions (dry, room temperature) for months
Worbla's Pearly Art (White Thermoplastic)
Currently, only shipping to US addresses is available, due to multiple customs incidences. We are looking for a better method to ship internationally. Orders for thermoplastic with shipping addresses outside the US will be canceled and refunded.